Tuesday 9 April 2013

Lambing 2013...

....is almost over.  Another rollercoaster!  One thing which sticks in my mind from last year is our vet students Mel and Akash being in the lambing sheds in t shirts, this year it has been woolly hats, gloves and scarves, it couldn't have been more different!  We've had snow, sleet and a bitter easterly wind that has made turning ewes and lambs out hard and we are waiting for the grass to start growing.  We are still feeding the ewes outside with hay but fingers crossed the weather looks like it is getting a little milder which will help the grass to start growing.

A major highlight of this year has been all the lovely people we've had join us to be shepherds for the day or for an evening in the lambing barn.  Thank you to all of you for coming and getting stuck in and spending time with us and our flock.  Here is some of the feedback we have had -

To have seen a dozen or so lambs born and to have been able to take part was a real treat. If only I could have started this when I was younger, beats sitting at a desk all day - Diane, Luton, Bedfordshire

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the amazing day we had on Tuesday shepherding with you. We both loved it and were so happy to be so involved in all the activities of the day. It was a day we won't forget - Janet, Long Wittenham, Oxfordshire

A big thank you for a wonderful evening. Bill, Michael and myself thoroughly enjoyed it and to have the chance to help deliver a lamb was something I will never forget, it was absolutely magical.  I'm sure if you hold the evenings again next year we will be there as we enjoyed it so much we didn't want to leave :) – Debbie, Bill and Mike, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

Just wanted to say thank you so much for an amazing day!  I’ve always had physical jobs, love to be hands on. Delivering lambs, what an amazing experience. I’ve not stopped smiling!!!  I admire your commitment, it’s a way of life for you, not a job but allowing people like myself to taste and experience a morsel of your lives is awesome.  I will recommend this and your lamb to everyone!!!
Thanks so much again! - Mandie, Abingdon, Oxfordshire

I know Mandie has already contacted you to thank you for the amazing sheep day we were lucky enough to come to, I also had a wonderful day and I’m so glad Tracey had the bright idea of arranging it for my 40th Birthday. It was so good to get involved with it all and it was a present that I shall remember for ever you really do get a proper feel for it.  Thanks again for a great, well informed and organised day.
p.s Great cookies on a very cold day.
p.p.s Any chance of keeping Lamb number 40 he was so cute - Chris, Abingdon, Oxfordshire

Our great friend Ben also came down to visit us with his boys Sam and Jack.  Will and Izzy from Ben's agency came to do some recording and you can see how they got on here More soon and we'll post some photos of the lambs enjoying the new spring grass which we hope will be growing soon!

Camilla, Roly, Molly, Freddie, Boris and Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment